Sub-sea Cabled Observatory
The sub-sea cabled observatory includes:.
- A fibre optic data and 400v power cable
- High speed communications via 4 pairs of optical fibres
- A sub-sea cabled sensor platform which hosts a variety of sensors and equipment which can be tested and demonstrated in near real-time.
The observatory hosts 23 science ports, of these 23 ports:.
- 4 are optical
- 18 electrical (Serial or Ethernet) of which 10 will be dedicated to the test and demonstration of new and novel equipment
- 1 coaxial port supporting a high definition camera.
The cabled observatory hosts the following sensors on a permanent basis:
- Conductivity, Temperature and Depth
- Dissolved Oxygen
- Combined Turbidity and Fluorescence sensor
- Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler
- High frequency hydrophone
- Acoustic fish tag detector